I started making another batch of mini banoffee pies and when I opened the can of ‘la lechera’, I realized I had condensed milk instead of Dulce de Leche (caramel).
I have 3 cans of condensed milk.
I have a crock pot.
I have water.
I will make my own Dulce de Leche.
Place the cans into the crock pot. Pour water over them.
Completely with water.
Cover with the lid.
Cook overnight on LOW or 6 hours on HIGH.
Allow to cool completely before opening.
You now have caramel.
- 1-3 cans of Condensed Milk.
- Crock Pot
- Water – enough to cover the cans
- Place the cans into the crock pot and pour water over them.
- Completely with water.
- Cover with the lid.
- Cook overnight on LOW or 6 hours on HIGH.
- Allow to cool completely before opening.
- You now have caramel.