Growing up, whenever my Mom made burgers, she made Hawaiian burgers. Now I have an addiction to foods that have pineapple in/on them. Today I made my Mom’s simple version of an Hawaiian burger.
Ingredients for the burger: beef, egg, onion, garlic, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley and flour.
Mix all the ingredients – except the flour – together in a bowl. Mix together until completely combined.
Form into patties.
Flour the patties on both sides.
Grill the patties as to how you like them. I like mine pink in the middle. My husband likes them well done. Most times my husband gets his with pink in the middle.
The fixin’s are: burger bun, lettuce, cheese slices, tomato, pineapple rings, ketchup and mayonnaise.
Mix the mayo and ketchup together.
Assemble the burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pineapple ring and drop some of the sauce into the pineapple ring hole. Serve with homemade slap chips (South African fries).
- 1 lb Ground/Minced Beef
- 1 Egg
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Slice Cheddar Cheese per burger
- 1 Pineapple Ring per burger
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 4 Burger Buns
- Mix all the ingredients - except the flour - together in a bowl. Mix together until completely combined.
- Form into patties.
- Flour the patties on both sides.
- Grill the patties as to how you like them.
- For the Hawaiian sauce, mix the mayo and ketchup together.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pineapple ring and drop some of the sauce into the pineapple ring hole.
- Serve with fries.