I needed to use up a few ingredients that had been sitting in my fridge for a while and this is what I came up with. NOTE: This recipe is rich so it would be a great item to serve as a brunch item for a few guests.
Ingredients are: a pie crust, blueberries, cream cheese, Brie cheese spread (in wedges), and honey.
Cream the cream cheese, Brie cheese, and melted honey in a mixer.
I started out with 5 Brie wedges but because its such a rich recipe, I halved the amount of Brie I originally started out with.
Because the pie crust is already in a round, I greased a pizza stone and used it for the pie crust base. Spread the cream cheese and Brie mixture onto the pie crust within an inch of the edge and top with blueberries.
Fold the edge up over the blueberries and brush with beaten egg.
Bake at 375 F for 25 minutes.
Serve warm and with a strong cup of coffee.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 3 (0.67 oz) Brie Spread Wedges (or 3 oz Brie Cheese)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1½ cups Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Cream the cream cheese, brie cheese, and melted honey in a mixer.
- Open the round pie crust and place on a greased pizza stone.
- Spread the cream cheese and brie mixture onto the pie crust within an inch of the edge and top the mixture with blueberries.
- Fold the edge up over the blueberries and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm and with a strong cup of coffee.